Restorative Sound Healing with Gongs
Saturday, May 29
11:00 AM – 12:15PM MT
at Nurture Wellcare Marketplace
In-person tickets: $40 | Virtual (via Zoom) tickets: $20
Whether you are looking for an opportunity to celebrate all that your body does for you or your feeling the need to unwind and destress, the nurturing practices of Restorative Yoga and Sound Healing can be sweet medicine.
RESTORATIVE YOGA uses supportive poses held for extended periods of time and props like blankets, bolsters, and pillows (for an at-home version) to give the body the opportunity to release and let go. This physical unwinding process brings the mind to meet the body in relaxed awareness.
No advanced training or experience is required to practice Restorative Yoga. Students with injuries or physical disabilities are welcome.
SOUND HEALING offers the space to physically, mentally, and/or emotionally heal.
Singing bowls invite the listener into the present moment with soothing sounds, without attachment to particular notes or songs.
The sound of the Gong is other-worldly! It invites the listener to hear ethereal sounds that take you out of the body and mind, while gently vibrating the nervous system for a meditative, massage-like experience.
Ride the cosmic sounds and bright crescendos of the gongs to find healing and comfort in sacred silence.
WHAT TO BRING
– A mask (if attending in person).
– Comforts. Wear comfortable clothing that you can relax in. Please be mindful of others within the shared space and limit the use of perfumes and essential oils.
– Props. Nurture will provide yoga mats, blankets, and bolsters, but feel free to bring your own as well. The recommended props are a yoga mat, 2-3 blankets, a bolster or pillow, and a small towel or eye pillow.
– Water. Bring your own water or visit the Nurture Nest cafe. Grab a refreshment or meal before or stay to unwind after. (Refreshments are not included in the ticket price.)
– An openness to receive the experience you came to have.
Restorative Yoga with Sound
the First Friday of every month
5:30 – 6:30PM MT
Guided by Humanity Facebook Live | by donation/pay-what-you-can
Limited in-person and virtually via Facebook Live